“Writing is thinking on paper.”
My name is Jennifer Ward. I’ve been writing for many years and can help you with various projects. I am based in New York City but work with clients from all over. I love learning about people, their professional experiences, and businesses.
I provide writing services that include various types of career writing, blog writing, and virtual assistance. Additionally, I offer editing services that include a line-by-line copy edit of your work. I also provide revision suggestions and advice to improve the overall content and clarity in the copy. I review materials and manuscripts of all kinds.
Please look at the column to the right for a list of services. For a more in-depth breakdown of services, prices, and how to reach me, scroll below.
- LinkedIn profile building – I will transform your professional summary into a well-written story that captures the attention of employers.
- Basic: headline, bio, education, certifications, awards, professional experience, skills
- Intermediate: headline, bio, education, certifications, awards, professional experience, skills, volunteer experience, targeted keywords
- Advanced: headline, bio, education, certifications, awards, professional experience, skills, banner design, targeted keywords, volunteer experience, publications, courses, organizations
- Resume and cover letter writing – professional writing that includes the highlights of your career experience based on your objectives.
- Bio writing – professional writing that includes a well-written story telling the reader who you are and what you do. Professional biographies can be used for websites, business proposals, online journals, or magazines.
- Blog writing – an informative but slightly less formal form of writing used to connect with audiences.
- Slides and presentations – I am very experienced with Google Slides, Keynote, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Canva. I will build a presentation that is clear, concise, structured, and professional.
- Virtual assistance – as a Jill-of-all-trades, I handle everything from emails, travel arrangements, meeting transcription, calendar management, and more.
- Editorial assessment – assessment consists of feedback focusing on major strengths and weaknesses. This type of editing includes a typed letter rather than comments in the manuscript.
- Developmental editing – (content or substantive editing) editing that includes a markup version of your manuscript with suggestions and feedback on larger story elements (ex., plot inconsistencies).
- Copy editing -editing that addresses spelling, grammar, syntax, inconsistencies, readability, and punctuation. This includes a markup version of your manuscript with suggestions and feedback.
- Line editing -(stylistic editing) is a close cousin of copy editing but a more in-depth approach focusing on the creative content, style, and language at the sentence and paragraph level. This includes a markup version of your manuscript with suggestions and feedback.
- Academic editing -editing that includes MLA and APA style essays, papers, articles, etc. This consists of a markup version of your manuscript with suggestions and feedback.
- Proofreading – a final step that checks for inconsistencies with spelling, grammar, punctuation, layout, and typography (font style and appearance). This includes a markup version of your manuscript with feedback.
Writing and editing services range from $30-$40 per hour. Payment preferred through Venmo (@Jennifer-Ward-342).
To have a successful editor-writer relationship, communication is important. My promise is, to be honest, and objective. My goal is to help you see where you need improvement and make your writing shine. Working in this industry allows me to do what I love most—writing and helping others. Here is a sample of a professional Real Estate Bio I worked on for a firm based in Southern California.
Before teaching and writing, I worked as an Executive Assistant in Manhattan for many years. During this time, I worked on writing and editing resumes, articles, and letters. I designed organization charts and business trip itineraries.
Among the highlights of my experience are the following:
- Prepared the hospital’s quarterly newsletter for publication.
- Assisted English Professor with teaching responsibilities in an online English Composition II course.
- Co-authored the school’s English curriculum to meet students’ needs.
- Currently working on a Master of Fine Arts, which focuses on professional writing, editing, and creative writing. I teach English classes as well.
Like William Zinsser’s quote above, writing, at its core, is about sharing your thoughts. A well-written bio, resume, landing page, or narrative holds the power to move and motivate others. Words matter a lot. Let me help you choose the right ones.
Full C.V. or resume available upon request.
If you have read this far, I’m really looking forward to speaking with you. Please send me an e-mail so we can discuss your needs. We can also chat via Zoom. Get started here.